10 January 2010

lord, have mercy on me.

a certain 6 year old took an interest in a song that was playing on a certain old man's computer--a Bobby "Blue" Bland version of the T-Bone Walker classic, "Stormy Monday Blues"--one of the old man's favorites. The old man found clip with a version of the song by Buddy Guy when he played with Roland Kirk. (the guitar is too muted but the footage looks good with Kirk out front) The old man was about six years old when this was recorded.

They called it stormy Monday,
but Tuesday is just as bad.
They called it stormy Monday,
But Tuesday is just as bad
Wednesday's worse,
and Thursday's oh so sad.

The eagle flies on Friday,
Saturday I'll go out to play
Oh, the eagle flies on Friday,
Saturday I'll go out and play
Sunday I'll go to church,
and I kneel down and pray. (and this is what I say)

I say, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy on me
But Lord, Lord have mercy Lord have mercy on me
You know I'm tryin, I'm tryin to find my baby
Lord, please, send her home to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment